Preparation time: 2 & 1/2 to 3 hours
Marination time: 1 to 2 hours
Cooking time: 30 minutes
Paneer - 500gm
yogurt - 3 Tbsp
Red chili powder - 1Tbsp
Salt - To taste
Coriander powder - 1 tsp
Garam masala powder - 1/2 tsp
Red food color (optional) - a few drops
Onion - 1 medium size
Lemon juice for garnish
Cilantro leaves for garnish
- Thaw and dice the paneer in to one inch pieces
- Soak in lukewarm water to keep it soft
- Dice the onion into one inch or half inch pieces as desired
- In a mixing bowl, mix the red chili powder, salt, coriander powder, garam masala powder, salt and yogurt. Add a few drops of the red food color if desired.
- Mix in the paneer and make sure all the pieces are well coated with the yogurt and spice mix.
- Let it marinate for at least an hour or 2
- In a shallow pan, heat a little oil.
- Cook the paneer pieces, a few pieces at a time, flipping to make sure all surfaces are cooked.
- When all the paneer pieces are done, cook the onion in that same pan till it is cooked through.
- Toss in the paneer pieces and mix the paneer and onion together
- Serve hot garnished with lemon juice and cilantro leaves