This is a simple, egg-less, no-yeast banana bread recipe that is so delectable that it vanishes in minutes, every time I make it.Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 40-50 minutes
Ripe or over ripe bananas - 2 big / 3-4 small
Sugar - 1/2 cup
Vegetable oil - 1/2 cup
Whole wheat flour - 1.5 cups
Baking powder - 1.5 tsp
Baking soda - 1/2 tsp
Vanilla essence - 1/2 tsp
Salt - a pinch (optional)
Dry fruits (like walnuts, pistachios, almonds) - about a small handful (optional)
Butter or oil to grease the bread pan
A bread pan
Toothpick to check if the bread is done
A baking tray to roast the dry fruits
- Preheat the oven to 180 degree Celsius OR 375 Fahrenheit
- Roast the dry fruits in the baking tray for 10 minutes, shaking to toss them once in between
- Meanwhile, grease a bread tin or a rectangular cake pan with some butter or oil
- Take bananas and sugar in a mixing bowl.
- Mash the bananas well or puree them with a hand blender.
- now add the oil, vanilla to the banana and mix well.
- sieve the flour with the baking soda, baking powder, salt directly in the bowl containing the mashed bananas.
- Fold the sieved flour really well. Add the roasted dry fruits and mix well
- Pour the bread mixture into the loaf pan.
- Bake at 375F for 0- 50 minutes or till a toothpick inserted in the bread comes out clean
- remove from the oven and let cool on a wire rack. When it is slightly warm or cooled, you can remove the bread from the pan. Slice & serve.