COCONUT BARFI


                                                             COCONUT BARFI
I am a major coconut barfi fan. It is a thing I share in common with my mother. So when I came across this super simple recipe to make it, I simply could not resist. I used desiccated coconut but freshly grated coconut would work wonderfully, I'm sure.
COOKING TIME: 15 minutes
FREEZING TIME: About an hour
TOTAL PREPARATION TIME: 1 hour and 15 minutes
INGREDIENTS:
            desiccated/ grated coconut - 1 cup
            fine granulated sugar        - 3/4th cup
            milk                                - 1/2 cup 
            ghee                               - 2 Tbsp
            cardamon powder            - 1 Tsp
            saffron (optional)             - few strands

METHOD:

  • Take the coconut in a shallow pan and dry roast for about 2 minutes.
  • Add the sugar & mix well. 
  • Mix the saffron strands in the milk and add it to the coconut and sugar mix.
  • Add cardamon powder and mix.
  • Add the ghee and continue mixing for about 8 to 10 minutes, till the milk is dried out and the mix separates from the pan.
  • Remove in a dish or plate and flatten to make it like a square cake
  • Freeze for about an hour.
  • cut in to squares and serve

Comments

Popular Posts