Preparation time:15 mins
Marination time: 1 hour
Chicken - 500grams (diced in to small pieces)
Red Chili powder - 4 tsp
Coriander powder - 2 tsp
Turmeric powder - 1/4th tsp
Garam masala powder - 1/4th tsp
Lemon juice - 4 tsp
Curd - 2 tsp
Ginger garlic paste - 1 tsp
Red food color - 4 pinches
Salt - 1 tsp
Oil for deep frying
Cilantro leaves - for garnish
Curry leaves - 2 twigs
Green chilis - 2 to 3 (slit longitudinally)
Onion - half (cut as rings or julienned for garnish)
- Clean & wash the chicken. Drain all the water.
- Mix all the powders, lemon juice, curd, ginger garlic paste & food color in a bowl & make a paste
- Add the chicken to the paste & marinate for an hour in the fridge
- Heat oil for deep frying in a pan and deep fry the chicken pieces. Remove on a paper towel to drain excess oil.
- In another pan, take just 1 tsp of oil and add the curry leaves & green chilies. Add the fried chicken pieces & stir for about minutes.
- Remove from heat and serve garnished with cilantro and onion rings.
- Note: If you wish to avoid deep frying, you can bake the chicken pieces at 375F for 15-20 minutes and the toss them with the curry leaves & green chilies