Peaches - 4 to 6 (peeled & sliced)
Sugar - 2 cups
Milk - 1 cup
Flour - 1 cup
Unsalted Butter - 1/2 cup
Baking powder - 1 Tbsp
Salt - a pinch
Lemon juice - 1 Tbsp
Ground cinnamon/ Nutmeg to top (optional)
This tastes best with vanilla ice cream, so I would highly recommend that too.
Serving size: 6 to 8 servings
Preparation time: 20 min
Baking time: 15 min
- Place the butter in a 13x9 baking dish & place in the oven at 375 degrees Fahrenheit to melt
- Meanwhile, combine 1 cup of sugar, flour baking powder, salt & milk in a bowl.
- Place a pan on the stove. Mix the peaches, 1 cup of sugar & the lemon juice & stir constantly till the peaches soften .
- Pour the milk batter in to the baking dish. Pour the peaches over the batter evenly but do not stir.
- Top with ground cinnamon or nutmeg, if desired.
- Bake until golden brown at 375F for about 15 minutes.
- Scoop into bowls & serve while warm with a scoop of vanilla ice cream