Preparation time: 20 mins
Cook time: 15 mins
Makes: 15 - 20
Wheat flour(atta) - 3/4 cup
All purpose flour (maida) - 1/4 cup
Sugar - 1/2 cup
Ghee, melted - 1/2 cup (you made need lesser)
Cardamom - 3-4
Baking powder - a pinch
Pistachios - 10-12 (for decoration)
A mixer grinder
Baking tray lined with parchment paper
- Grind the sugar & cardamon into a fine powder using the mixer grinder & remove in a bowl
- Next, coarsely grind the pistachios in the grinder & keep aside for decoration
- Add the wheat flour & all purpose flour to the sugar & cardamon & mix well
- Add ghee little by little, rubbing as you add. You may not need all of it, may be 1 Tbsp you can reserve. You should add only ghee to form a dough. No water.
- Make equal sized balls (15) out of the dough. Flatten slightly, not too much & place on a baking tray lined with parchment paper
- Preheat the oven to 190C or 375F
- With a knife make a cross pattern on the top of the cookie. Add a pinch of powdered pistachios over each cut.
- Bake the cookies for about 12 - 15 minutes. DO NOT wait for the cookies to turn dark brown. They will be done when they turn golden in color.
- Remove & let cool for 5 - 10 minutes & serve with tea or store away in air tight container.